How can we contact you?
How do I connect my website to my office management systems?
How do I connect my website to my management systems? You can integrate your website with office systems, including CRM systems, accountancy systems databases and other software. This requires website design and build expertise, we will be pleased to address your specific requirement, please contact us for a no-obligation discussion.
I’m being told my Operating System is ‘out of support’. Que?
I’ve got a Mac, they’re secure so I don’t need anti-virus software do I?
Shouldn’t I just get a Cloud server?
It’s all the rage so why not? Well, when considering getting a cloud server, it needs careful deliberation of how you operate your business. You need to consider:
- Speed and reliability of your internet connection. Bandwidth too - if a lot of people are accessing the Cloud server simultaneously, productivity will be dramatically impacted
- Organisations - How will your files and folders be organised, who will have access etc
- Cyber Security - In the event of a cyber attack, a physical server on your premises can be
unplugged from the internet. A Cloud server cannot
- Cost - A physical server has a one-off cost and needs to be replaced every few years;
what are your comparable cloud server costs over the same period?
What hardware do you recommend?
We have a vast range of hardware recommendations for our equally diverse range of clients. See our specific recommendations below:
- For servers it depends on your requirements, we find that Dell and HP have excellent solutions that meet the majority of business needs.
- For computers, we recommend as a minimum 8GB memory, 2TB hard drive and i5 processor
- Routers: Appropriate model from Fortinet
- Displays: Dual monitor minimum
- NAS: Synology box appropriately sized and configured
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: Eaton, no question
What is SEO and why should I do it?
What is SEO and why should I do it? SEO stands for ‘Search Engine Optimisation’. Very simply it applies to numerous techniques which can be applied to your website, web-pages and blog pieces to maximise the chances of high rankings in search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. It is sometimes referred to as ‘Organic search’ to distinguish it from Paid online advertising.
Contact CCS to find out more and how we can help!
What kind of PC do I need for home?
What kind of PC do I need for home? Well, there's a huge variety of computers and specifications, and really the question comes down to your budget and what you plan to use it for.
If you need a simple PC for surfing the net, email, maybe use of Microsoft office documents, then a PC with 4GB RAM, 256GB hard drive will probably suffice.
At the opposite extreme, if you are big into gaming, you need a high-spec machine to ensure game speed and graphics aren't compromised.
Other considerations include:
- Will your home PC be located in one place in the house, or would you like to move it around easily?
- How many monitors will you need? A lot of people have at least two these days, for easier multi-tasking
- Who will be using it - eg just you or the whole family?
- Will you be streaming media (eg Netflix) on it?
- Aesthetics - do you prefer something with modern/sleek design to fit with your home?
All of these factors - and many more - will help determine the best PC for your home computing needs.
Contact CCS and we'll be pleased to talk through your requirements and advise accordingly!
What standard software do you recommend?
The IT field is very fast moving and we keep up to date with it. Therefore there’s a good chance that when you read this our recommendations may have changed already! Right now we recommend this standard software for our clients:
What’s the best way to back up my systems?
We adopt and recommend a ‘belt and braces approach’. By which we mean both local and cloud backup combined. Local in case your internet connectivity fails; Cloud in case your hardware fails. Local backup drives can be provided for servers and PCs, and configured to automatically backup regularly (at least daily). Cloud Backup should be configured at the server level to backup every night. We recommend Neovault, a proven disaster recovery backup tool as the best way to back up your system. It doesn’t just backup files, but can ‘image’ elements of your system, such as the operating system for clean, quick and effective backups.
What’s the best way to backup my data?
We recommend a ‘belt and brace’ approach and the best way to backup data, consisting of:
Why does my server and network need regular checks and updates?
Does my server and network need regular checks? Yes, just as you have your car serviced and maintained, so your server, network equipment, and computers need to be maintained. The best way to do this is through regular (we recommend at least monthly) checks to ensure all is well, and to install any software updates. Remember that your equipment is connected to the internet, so regular checks and updates aren’t just required to maintain system efficiency, but also to keep up with the latest security updates.